The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy in the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). More information available at GDPR website and GDPR.EU
Sprinkle data recognises data protection and privacy are top priority for its customers and is committed to provide data protection and privacy required for customers bringing their data to Sprinkle.
Customer data is any information, including personal data, which is fetched using Sprinkle connectors, transformed and stored in Customer’s warehouse, and/or analysed using Sprinkle BI tools.
Sprinkle services are provided for
- 1.Moving data across different customer systems and transforming the data.
- 2.Provide analytics on top of the data.
Sprinkle uses compute resources to fetch data from different connectors and store it in the customer’s warehouse. Sprinkle runs the queries for transformation or analytics on the customer’s data warehouse, and fetches output from customer’s storage for viewing and charting purposes.
Thus, customer data from the customer's warehouse is never stored in sprinkle infrastructure. And customer data ingested through Sprinkle is never stored in Sprinkle infrastructure, for any datasource other than Webhooks. In case of webhook based ingestion, data is stored on sprinkle infrastructure, which gets promoted to customer’s storage every 5 minutes.
Sprinkle data uses cloud infrastructure for hosting its own infrastructure.
- 1.Amazon, Inc. : AWS hosting environment
- 2.Google, Inc. : Google cloud hosting environment
- 3.Microsoft, Inc. : Azure hosting environment
- 4.Cloudflare, Inc. : Hosting Secure endpoint and API
- 5.Sendgrid, Inc. : Sending email notifications with analytics reports embedded
Customers who collect and store personal data are data controllers under GDPR. Sprinkle Data is the data processor. So, the customer has full control of the data in their organization/account.
Customers who collect and store personal data are data controllers under GDPR. Data controllers bear the primary responsibility for ensuring that their processing is compliant under the GDPR law.
Sprinkle does not store any customer data on its infrastructure. Sprinkle data can help customers meet their obligations to demonstrate GDPR compliance as pertaining to Sprinkle Data services.
Sprinkle provides its customers the Data Processing Agreement (DPA) upon request, which outlines our duties as a processor of Customer data. We will provide you with a signed DPA upon request, which you can contact us directly for, or email us at [email protected]
Sprinkle data uses the following third party applications for processing personal data :
- 1.Zoho, Inc. : For email marketing activities
- 2.Stripe, Inc. : For Credit card payments
- 3.Google, Inc. (Google Analytics) : For tracking website traffic and visitors
- 4.MixPanel, Inc. : For activity tracking on the product