Release Notes - v9.0 (Major)
We are excited to introduce the Brand-new Reports feature that offers enhanced capabilities, improved performance, and a more intuitive design.
- Integrated Report Creation Journey: For all your needs to create reports go to Reports V2, within the Analyze module from the left navigation bar. In Reports (Legacy) the reports could only be built using the models. But in Reports V2, the report creation provides you with multiple options. The reports can be built using a model, or directly from a table in your warehouse. You can also build reports by writing SQL queries and on top of it create visualizations.
- Tabs in Reports V2: With Reports V2 we have introduced the concept of tabs. It enables you to create multiple related analyses in multiple tabs and have that in a single report. It comes in handy when you want to create multiple analyses from the same model or table.
- Visualization Options: Bring data to life with various chart types. You can build visualizations on your data quickly. Read more about the supported visualizations here. The Pivot chart has been completely redesigned. You can now pivot on more than one dimension (categorical data) in rows and columns of the Pivot chart.
- Explore your data with filters, table calculations, variables, custom analysis, and more advanced features.
- Other features: Share, export, and embed reports for collaborative decision-making. Securely Embed reports to your applications or webpages.
We are excited to introduce the Dashboard V2. This release brings a host of new capabilities and enhancements to make your data visualization experience even more seamless and efficient. Here are the key highlights:
- Easier journey to Add Reports: Creating your dashboard is now simpler and more intuitive than ever before. We've enhanced the user interface to provide a smoother experience when adding reports to your dashboard. With just a few clicks, you can quickly add cards to your dashboard.
- Add Text Cards with Markdown Text: Communicate your insights effectively with the new text card feature. You can now include text cards within your dashboard, supporting Markdown text formatting. Craft informative narratives, provide context, and highlight key points right alongside your reports.
- Easier Way to Add and Manage Filters: Adding filters on your dashboard to filter the data on the dashboard is now simpler. Easily add, edit, and remove filters to fine-tune your data views.
- Separate View and Edit Modes: We've introduced view and edit modes for your dashboards. In the edit mode, you can make edits/adjustments to your dashboard layout and content, while the view mode provides a seamless and interactive experience for your audience. No more accidental changes while presenting your data!
- Saved Filters in View Mode: Empower your users to create and save their filter states as saved filters. This means your audience can tailor the dashboard filters to their specific needs, saving time and improving their overall experience.
- Only reports tabs created on Reports V2 can be added to the Dashboards V2. Reports from the legacy Reports can not be added to Dashboards V2.
- Both Dashboards V2 and Reports V2 are in the Beta stage of the development process. Please use the Provide Feedback option in the application to send us your feedback or any glitches you observe. You may also email us at [email protected].
- We would in some time share the migration plan for you to migrate your older reports to Reports V2. Stay tuned.
- Effortlessly switch between organizations and projects from the workspace settings at the top of the side navigation panel. You can access other workspaces like samples here and can switch between different projects as well. This provides a more organized experience and gives you better control over your work environment.
- You can now also seamlessly switch between different modules using the side navigation panel. You can even collapse the panel, providing you with more room to focus on your tasks.
Experience our fresh color palette that enhances the visual appeal and meets AA accessibility criteria. This ensures that our product is more inclusive, making it easier for everyone to use.
Forms: We have enhanced our forms with inline validations and a streamlined one-column layout, making your data input and submissions faster and more efficient.
Improved Card View: With our revamped card view, now you can access all the vital details of your files directly from this view.
Enhanced Support Access: Find all your support options, including live chat, documentation, scheduling calls, etc. conveniently located under the Help section. Access assistance with just a click of the Help icon in the top header.
File Status Assignment: Assign statuses to your files to enhance accessibility and expedite retrieval. These statuses are reflected both in table and card views, allowing for comprehensive tracking.
Improved page headers and Collapsible menu: Customize your workspace by collapsing the menu bar. The page header adapts accordingly within the entity page. Find menu options and buttons neatly tucked under "More Options" in the collapsed view for a cleaner and more focused workspace. We also improved the breadcrumb and added a back button for faster navigation.