Guide to create a Webhook in Sprinkle
Sprinkle Webhook is a special type of data import that creates a Webhook endpoint in sprinkle to receive data from external sources.
Webhook data imports are available only in Enterprise Plan. Check with the Sprinkle Support team for more details.
Webhooks : Explanation & Feature Walkthrough
- Log into the Sprinkle application
- Navigate to Ingest Tab -> Webhooks.
- Click on Create Webhook button.
- Name (Required): Enter the unique name for the webhook.
- Webhook URL : Generated by Sprinkle. Configure this URL on the source to send events to sprinkle.
- Remove Duplicate Rows:
- Unique Key: Unique key from table, to dedupe data across multiple ingestions
- Time Column Name: Will be used to order data for deduping
- Flatten Level (Required): Select from One Level or Multi Level. In one level, flattening will not be applied on complex type. They will be stored as string. In multi-level, flattening will be applied in complex level till they become simple type.
- Destination Schema (Required): Data warehouse schema where the table will be ingested into
- Destination Table name (Required): It is the table name to be created in the warehouse. If not given, sprinkle will create like ds_<datasourcename>_<tablename>
- Destination Create Table Clause: Provide additional clauses to warehouse-create table queries such as clustering, partitioning, and more, useful for optimizing DML statements. Learn more on how to use this field.
In the Ingestion Jobs tab:
- Trigger the Job, using the Run button
- To schedule, enable Auto-Run. Change the frequency to Realtime, if required